Q. I am pregnant, but heartbeat of fetus was not seen during the scan. Should I repeat the scan?

Dr. Sweta Singh
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 17, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 26, 2021

I am 7 weeks pregnant. Today, I had undergone an ultrasound to check whether everything is fine or not. But, the radiologist has not seen any heartbeat. I am also bleeding a little bit from the last two days. Please let me know what is going on with my pregnancy. Is it normal? Should I still wait for a few days to get the heartbeat?

#

• The situation is not quite what we would want. Nevertheless, you need to repeat the ultrasound after 10 days.
  • Meanwhile, please understand that sometimes the fetus is having chromosomal abnormalities and thus gets miscarriage naturally.
  • If you start bleeding more, please visit the clinic and get another checkup and ultrasound.
  • Please do not be alarmed by this. It is quite common, and there is no reason that you cannot conceive normally. Have a healthy pregnancy in future.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|