Heel Pain And Swelling

Please suggest treatment for heel spurs.

Query: Hello doctor, My mom, who is 52 years old, has developed a heel spur on both legs, which was discovered 6 months ago.  Sometimes, it pains a lot. She is currently on Proxym 200, Pantosec and Zelac-B. I have attached her x-ray for your reference. Please advise how to get relief and if any treatment ...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned and I can also see heel spurs on the x-rays (attachment removed to protect patient identity). These are traction issues, which then subsequently lead to inflammation of your plantar or fascia of the sole, which then causes lots of pain. The solution i...  Read Full »

Do heel bone fractures require surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I slipped from stairs before five months and got fracture. My orthopedic doctor diagnosed it as heel bone fracture in both legs. I mean intra-articular calcaneal fracture. I have lost subtle movements in heel and ankle area. He advised me to walk on toes for 20 minutes twice a day. He d...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Intra-articular fractures of calcaneum if displaced require fixation otherwise there will be loss of movements at the subtalar joint. However, in this case tiptoe movement should have been preserved because it is through ankle joint proper. I need your current x-ray of an...  Read Full »

I am having heel pain and inflammation from stepping on a nail head.Is this due to a bone contusion or did I damage any ligaments?

Query: Hello doctor, I stepped on the head of a nail a week ago. Now, every time I step on that part of my heel, I get this sharp, searing and burning feeling. Is this a bone contusion or did I damage any ligaments? What happened? Thank you for giving me an audience; it's extremely appreciated.  Read Full »

Dr. Aamir Mohd

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello and welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for contacting us. You should put a warm bandage around your heel. In the picture you sent us, I was able to observe the swelling. You need to take some anti-inflammatory medications, which will help with the inflammation and pain.   I would advise you ...  Read Full »

I have heel pain after running too fast. Does X-ray show signs of fracture?

Query: Hello doctor, I would like an opinion on my X-ray if it shows any signs of a stress fracture in the heel. I took up running and increased it too fast. It hurts to walk on the sides of the heel. Pressing on either side of the heel hurts a lot. There is swelling but no bruising. The swelling is dec...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have viewed your X-rays (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and there is no feature to suggest a stress fracture in the calcaneum bone and bones in the heel area. It is possible that you have a soft tissue or tendon abnormality which can cause you the pa...  Read Full »