HomeAnswersEndocrinologyheight gainCan I still increase my height at 15 years and 9 months of age?

Is it possible to grow taller at 15 Years of age?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At October 19, 2023
Reviewed AtJanuary 2, 2024

Patient's Query

My son is 15 years old, and his height is 5 feet. He started a growth spurt at 14 years old, and then he almost slowed down growing but did not stop completely. During that time, he slept less and did not care much about nutrition. Currently, his weight is 161 pounds, but not chubby. He was stressed due to his board exams and slept only four hours. However, now he is genuinely curious about his height. I have noticed that my hair has fully grown under his armpits, there is less than decent hair on his abdomen and has a little beard growth under his face and neck. His father and I are 5 feet tall. Is it possible for him to grow taller, and by how much? Kindly answer.

Answered by Dr. Sugreev Singh

Thank you for reaching us. I have read your query and understand your concern. Your height is influenced by your parent's height, and you can grow taller by following a high-protein diet that includes juices, green vegetables, eggs, and milk. Engaging in sports like badminton, basketball, or volleyball can also be beneficial as they contribute to height growth. You have the potential to continue growing until the age of 20-25, so it is essential to maintain a good diet and engage in regular exercise or sports to support your growth. If you have any further questions or need more information, please get back to us.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Sugreev Singh
Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine

Community Banner Mobile

iCliniq's FREE Newsletters

Expert-backed health and wellness information, delivered to your email.

Subscribe iCliniq
By clicking Subscribe, I agree to the iCliniq Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of iCliniq subscriptions at any time.

Read answers about:

growth hormoneheight gain

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Endocrinology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy