iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersEndocrinologyheight gainIs there any chance I can increase my height using tablets or medications?

What can be done for a 16-year-old boy to grow taller?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At March 4, 2022
Reviewed AtJune 14, 2023

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I would like to have a professional opinion about an issue. Well, it has been there since I was a kid. I was always the shortest in class, and I would like to know if there is a chance I can increase my height using tablets or medications that are safe and risk-free as it is affecting my mental health. I am a 15-year-old, turning 16 years, and I would like to know whether there is any way possible that I can still increase my height. I am concerned about my height at the moment. Please help.

Answered by Dr. Arpit Varshney


Welcome back to icliniq.com.

I understand your concern.

You can still increase your height. You have a margin of about two years. Because the bones fuse at the age of about 19 years. Yes, there are exceptions to this, but in general, it is 19 years, and trust me, two years is a lot of time to gain height if you work hard because these are the last two years of your life to gain height. Now coming to medications, please note at this point that there are no medications to increase height. Trust me, the only way to increase height is stretching, cycling, swimming, basketball, and a lot more you do, the more height you gain. The medications claiming to increase height are nothing but steroids that will damage your body, leading to weight gain, lethargy, and mood swings. So focus on exercise for the next two years, and you will gain height.

Hope this helps.

Kindly revert in case of further queries.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Arpit Varshney
Dr. Arpit Varshney

General Medicine

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

height gainheight growth

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy