Q. What are some Ayurveda medicines to increase height?

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 18, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jun 28, 2019

I am a 22-year-old girl. I want to increase my height. My height is now 5.1 inches but I want to increase it to 5.5 inches.

I tried ashwagandha with cow's milk but my BP has been low because of taking it. So please suggest a medication that will increase my height. Please help.

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

#

Growth and development of the body mostly depend on the growth hormone, which is secreted by the pituitary gland.

The secretion is managed through some genetic code present in your chromosomes.

Up to the age of 18, almost all development process is completed. So getting further growth is not possible.

Some ayurvedic medicines and yoga techniques may be helpful to you.

You can take the following medicines.

• Dhatupaushtik Vati two tablets twice a day with warm milk after meals.
  • Shatavaryadi Churna 3 g twice a day with warm milk after meals.
  • Drakshasava 15 mL twice a day with equal amounts of water after meals. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the above medicines.

Do regular yoga and pranayama. It helps to improve your metabolism.

Do regular Tadasana, Kapalbhati and Anulom Vilom.

Avoid spicy and fried foods.

Eat fibrous foods and fruits as well as green leafy vegetables.

Drink plenty of water.

For more information consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

|