Q. How tall will my 4-year-old son be in his teen?

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
and medically reviewed by Dr. Infanteena Marily

My son is four years and three months old. He is only 101.3 cm. I feel he is short. Can you please tell me how to increase his height?

#

I understand your concern. As per the WHO growth charts, the expected height for the child should be 104 cm, whereas your child is 101.3 cm. Hence it is not much of a worry. The heights of both parents also govern the height potential. Hence if you and your husband are short, the child will also be short. However, I suggest you give the child the following supplements with your Pediatricians consent,

1. Syrup Calcimax P (Mineral and Vitamin supplement) 5 ml twice a day for three months.

2. Syrup Zincovit (Multivitamin) 5 ml once a day for three months.

Please make sure the child drinks at least one liter of water daily. Please feel free to reach out for further detail to your Pediatrician.

Thank you for the response.

My height is 160 cm, and my husband's height is 172 cm. That is why we were worried. Please advice.

#

As per your description, your child's height should be 174 cm by the age of at least 16 to 18 years. However, the current height seems to be acceptable as per WHO standards, hence do not worry. Your child is growing fine. The weight of the child is also acceptable as per the age. Thus the overall growth is within acceptable limits. Please take a Pediatrician's advice for further clarification.

|