Q. I am worried about my daughter's growth. Please guide.

Dr. Sirisha
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 03, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 17, 2020

Today, I took my 4.8 years old daughter, who is about 13 kg weight and 94 cm height, to a free growth screening camp. The Doctor has suggested the following laboratory tests. LFT, KFT, TSH, CBC, P/S, ESR, vitamin D3, TTG, IgA level, urine and stool routine. She has also prescribed Bandy Plus 10 mL oral suspension to be taken before sleep and again the same 10 mL dosage to be repeated after 15 days. She also told us to show the test reports within one or two days for further advice on the growth of my daughter. Since, Bandy plus contains Ivermectin and Albendazole, I am little bit scary. Further, my height is 168 cm and her mother is 158 cm. We are much worried about the growth of my daughter in terms of height. However, she is very active and one of the best students of her school in sports, study and all other extracurricular activities. We humbly request to guide us whether all these pathological tests and medication as stated above are in line with the problems or not.

#

• Your daughter's weight and height are just on the lower side of normal.
  • But, important things like thyroid hormone levels, kidney and liver function tests and complete blood picture are done to rule out major illnesses. These tests are adequate. If any abnormal results, then she would be investigated in that line.
  • Bandy plus (combination of Ivermectin and Albendazole) is used for deworming, which can be done routinely every six months. You can also opt plain Bandy (Albendazole) instead, which can be given at the same dose.
  • If the results are normal and she has a normal development, then you need not worry.

Genetic.

1. Hypothyroidism.
2. Constitutional short stature.
3. Genetic.

Revert back with the reports to a child health specialist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/child-health-specialist

Thank you doctor.

I will share the reports with you as soon as possible.

#

That is fine. Take care of your daughter.

Revert back with the reports to a child health specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/child-health-specialist

|