Q. Is it possible to grow taller with HGH therapy?

Dr. Swaraj S W
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 14, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 16, 2019

Is it possible to grow taller with HGH therapy? I am so extremely insecure about my height. I am 5'10" and I realize that is not that short. My past two girlfriends have broken up with me and mentioned my height as a reason. I realize it sounds ridiculous to other people, but I am worried. I really need some way to get just an extra 2 inches.

Dr. Swaraj S W

Diabetology Endocrinology
#

• Height is something that is determined by genes.
  • Yes, there are medicines for increasing height, but it should be used only if you are found to be having growth hormone deficiency.
  • I would want to ask you a few questions. What is your mother's and father's height? What was your mode of delivery?
  • Did you have any problem with growing up these years? Do you have any medical condition for which you were hospitalized and was treated?
  • Other than your height, what other issues you have currently? Have you developed pubic hair?
  • Have you had a sexual relationship with your ex girlfriends?

Revert back with the answers to the above questions to an endocrinologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist

| 

My mom is 5'5" and my father was 6'0". I born through natural delivery, but with forceps. I have not had many problems while growing up other than acne. I have no other issues other than height. Yes, I have developed public hair. Yes, they were all sexual relationships.

Dr. Swaraj S W

Diabetology Endocrinology
#

• Usually, a person will grow either 4 to 6 cm taller or shorter than parents. At your current height, you have achieved the MPH, which is mid-parental height.
  • You may end up with growing another two inches, but that is not a guarantee. You have attained the height you ought to and anything more than this shall be a good bonus.
  • You do not have any medical history and you are having sexual relations with no problems. So, I would suggest you should not worry about your height anymore.
  • As I said, height is genetically determined. Growth hormone replacement is not indicated in your case.

For further information consult an endocrinologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist

|