Q. Is there any medicine to correct height problem?

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 01, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 25, 2020

My cousin is 10 years old, but he is short for his age. His grandfather, father and sister are also short. Is there any medicine for growth or height problem that occurs due to hereditary?

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani

Fitness Expert Physiotherapy
#

I understood your concern.

• Your cousin of 10 years old is quite normal to have this much height. I have gone through the picture what you sent me (attachment removed to protect patient identity).
  • Sometimes, low height will be genetic in nature. In 70 percentage cases, the patient will be having the same genetic structure as of forefathers. But, in 30% cases, hormonal changes and deficiency in other endocrine glands may lead to such problem.
  • As per my opinion, do not pay much attention on the height issue rather relay on mentally strong by doing various activities.
  • According to me, he might increase the height till the age of 18. So, you may provide growth hormone replacement therapy if deficiency detected or else you provide good protein rich foods and milk.
  • Avoid non-vegetarian foods, eggs, junk and outside food. Please advice him to take vegetables and homemade food only.
  • Ask him to engage in sports activities and learn yogasanas and pranayama and powerful sudarshan kriya, which will make him stronger from inner side.

For further information consult a fitness expert online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/fitness-expert

|