Q. Is there any medicine to correct height problem?

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 01, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 25, 2020

My cousin is 10 years old, but he is short for his age. His grandfather, father and sister are also short. Is there any medicine for growth or height problem that occurs due to hereditary?

#

I understood your concern.

• Your cousin of 10 years old is quite normal to have this much height. I have gone through the picture what you sent me (attachment removed to protect patient identity).
  • Sometimes, low height will be genetic in nature. In 70 percentage cases, the patient will be having the same genetic structure as of forefathers. But, in 30% cases, hormonal changes and deficiency in other endocrine glands may lead to such problem.
  • As per my opinion, do not pay much attention on the height issue rather relay on mentally strong by doing various activities.
  • According to me, he might increase the height till the age of 18. So, you may provide growth hormone replacement therapy if deficiency detected or else you provide good protein rich foods and milk.
  • Avoid non-vegetarian foods, eggs, junk and outside food. Please advice him to take vegetables and homemade food only.
  • Ask him to engage in sports activities and learn yogasanas and pranayama and powerful sudarshan kriya, which will make him stronger from inner side.

For further information consult a fitness expert online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/fitness-expert

| 

Health Benefits from Eating Eggs

Article Overview: Egg protein has the highest nutritive quality as compared to any other dietary protein. An egg is said to be a complete food because of its nutritional benefits, such as vitamins, minerals, proteins, best quality of fat, etc. Read Article

Dr. Durga Kumari
Nutritionist

Who does not know the benefits of an egg? I think everyone is familiar with this nutritious white diamond of the food group. It is a rich source of all nutrients except vitamin C (ascorbic acid). An egg of 50 g weight contains the following: Calorie - 85. Protein - 6.5 g (13 % of RDA). Fat - 6....  Read Article

When is an MRI Necessary for Low Back Pain or Neck Pain?

Article Overview: The decision of when to do an MRI for patients with low back or neck pain depends upon assessing the risk of a serious condition being present as revealed by warning symptoms in the history or signs in the physical examination. Read Article

Dr. Tony Magana
Spine Health Specialist

How does an MRI Machine Work? Unlike traditional x-rays or computerized axial tomography otherwise known as CT Scan, MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) does not use any radiation and thus as far as scientifically known, it is much safer than x-rays. The patient is placed in a very strong magnetic fie...  Read Article

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»

Ask a Fitness Expert Now