Q. I am 18 years old. Will I grow taller with proper nutrition, running, and stretching?

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 14, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 06, 2021

I am 18 years old with a height of five feet five inches. Can I have an increase in height by doing running with stretching exercise and by taking proper nutrition? I need an expert opinion. Please help me.

#

I understand your concern about gaining height. Height is a genetically predetermined one and we cannot change anything beyond a certain limit. Height gets affected due to the growth of long bones and it becomes fixed once we reach 18 years. You can do other exercises like jogging, running, swimming to stimulate the growth hormone in the body up to a certain limit. As your age is 18 now, your bones may not be fused. So you can try doing other exercises. As your height is five feet five inches, I think that it is good enough. Height does not affect your success and appearance. You can do pranayama meditation and sudarshan kriya. It gives you physical, mental, and emotional stability.

|