Q. I am 22 years old and 155 cm in height. What should I do to increase my height to 157. 5 cm?

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani
Published on Oct 24, 2019

I am 22 years old male and want to join technical duty branch in the Indian Air Force. But my height is 155 cm, and the airforce eligibility criteria for the required height is 157.5 cm. So I cannot hold this height criteria.

I want to increase my height by up to 157.5 cm. My mother's height is 147 cm, and my father's height is 161.5 cm, and my sister's height is 154 cm. So please give me a positive reply or result so I can start my future in the Indian Air Force.

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani

Fitness Expert Physiotherapy
#

Once you achieve 18 years, your bones of the whole body can become fused. Now according to scientific research, there will be very less or no chance to gain height. But for your satisfaction, you can do vigorous exercise pull-ups, yoga practice, and pranayama practice that may help you.

Do not waste your money and time on protein powder consumption. I do not want to provide the wrong hope. You be happy first, I know your goal is to join the Indian Air Force. Join the Art of Living Happiness program in your area. Do not be discouraged. Do your best.

| 

Why is a 10-year-old kid gaining more weight?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 10 years 5 months old and is gaining weight. I feel it is more than normal. Thyroid test has been done. He is fully healthy and has food normally.  Read Full »

When is an MRI Necessary for Low Back Pain or Neck Pain?

Article Overview: The decision of when to do an MRI for patients with low back or neck pain depends upon assessing the risk of a serious condition being present as revealed by warning symptoms in the history or signs in the physical examination. Read Article

Dr. Tony Magana
Spine Health Specialist

How does an MRI Machine Work? Unlike traditional x-rays or computerized axial tomography otherwise known as CT Scan, MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) does not use any radiation and thus as far as scientifically known, it is much safer than x-rays. The patient is placed in a very strong magnetic fie...  Read Article

Ask a Fitness Expert Now