Q. I would really love to increase my height. Could you please help me out?

Dr. Khalid Shaikh

Hello Doctor,I'm 18 years old and my height is 145.5cm. I would really love to have it increased. Could you please help me out?

Dr. Khalid Shaikh

Diabetology Endocrinology
#

Hi, As per your query you are 18 year old with a height of 145.5 cms.

To help you with your query let's first understand a persons "Height", this physical character is dependent on genetic and medical causes. By genetic I mean if your parents, grand parents are tall, short or average height , then you will also be following a smiliar pattern - that is your height is decided by the genes which you have inherited from your family or a genetic disorder.

Next we have to understand that under normal physiological growth pattern, a person attains the maximum physiological height by the age of 18 - 20 years Sometimes growth or height is affected due to some medical conditions like defeciency of groth hormone, malnourishment , metobolic, medications etc.

Ideally investigate yourself for the above causes.

Finally if no cause has been found then you can do specific stretching excercises like using hanging bar etc will help your body look taller. Lastly "Height" should not be a parameter in the growth of your life and happiness.

|