Q. I would really love to increase my height. Could you please help me out?

Dr. Khalid Shaikh
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 12, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 10, 2021

I am 18 years old and my height is 145.5 cm. I would really love to have it increased. Could you please help me out?

#

As per your query, you are 18 years old with a height of 145.5 cms.

To help you with your query, let's first understand a person's "Height," this physical character is dependent on genetic and medical causes. By genetic, if your parents, grandparents are tall, short, or of average height, you will also be following a similar pattern. Your height is decided by the genes you have inherited from your family or a genetic disorder. Next, we have to understand that under a normal physiological growth pattern, a person attains the maximum physiological height by 18 - 20 years. Sometimes growth or height is affected due to some medical conditions like deficiency of growth hormone, malnourishment, metabolic, medications, etc.

Ideally, investigate yourself for the above causes.

Finally, if no cause has been found, you can do specific stretching exercises like using a hanging bar, which will help your body look taller. Lastly, "Height" should not be a parameter in the growth of your life and happiness.

|