Q. I feel dizziness, nausea, gas problem, and abdominal cramps. Do I have a stomach issue?

Dr. Rajesh Bansari

I am trying to rule out inflammatory bowel issues. For the past week, I have been feeling dizzy, nauseous, and slightly gassy. I have had heartburn on and off through the week. Sometimes, when I get up, I feel lightheaded, and pressure on my head's right side. I also have had abdominal cramps on my right side for a few months now (I believe it might be due to pushing while using the bathroom, while also engaging in sexual activity with my partner). Currently, I am using an eye drop for inflammation in and around my eye (Prednisolone acetate ophthalmic solution). Do you think this could be related to stomach issues or stress? What would be your suggestion?

#

After reviewing your complaints, I can say your symptoms are not suggestive of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). IBD patients present with bloody diarrhea, abdominal pain, and weight loss, not your chief complaints.

Yes, your symptoms favor stomach-related problems, which could be due to stress or inflammation of the stomach's inner lining, and in the majority of cases, it is H.pylori related infection.

My suggestion will be to take small but frequent meals, chew food well, and take plenty of water. Daily walking is a must. Syrup Gaviscon two teaspoons after every meal will help.

Get yourself tested for H.pylori by H.pylori stool antigen.

Follow us with the report.

I have been taking a dietary supplement called Ginkgo Biloba that helps with brain function. But I understand that the side effects of using this supplement include nausea and dizziness. I have also been doing a lot of yoga that focuses on brain function. Could all of this be causing nausea and stomach complaints?

#

I do not have an idea regarding this dietary supplement named Ginkgo biloba. But since you are young, a good healthy diet, exercise, and meditation can make your brain healthier, and you do not need to take dietary supplements. It can harm your body in various ways, so I would suggest to stop it.

Yoga is a good thing to continue. But remember, everything in excess is bad. Try to make a good balance. If yoga is straining your brain too much, go slow with it then, so you get ample time to absorb it.

|