Q. My brother's illness bothers me a lot. I am deprived of sleep. Please help.

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 02, 2014 and last reviewed on: Oct 12, 2018

I have a brother who is sick since a month. I am feeling very helpless without him and I am deprived of sleep. I keep thinking about him the whole day. How can I overcome this situation?

#

The pain of near ones makes you feel helpless. This weakens your strength somehow.

Symptoms like lack of sleep, disturbance, and tension occur when you feel stressed for any reason. But you have to be strong for your brother.

If you feel low, he will become worse and lose his willpower to fight the illness.

Follow these to be mentally strong:

1. Have a healthy and good diet for yourself.
  2. Take good care of yourself.
  3. Take a walk on daily basis for easing out.
  4. Keep sharing thoughts with someone, about how you feel.

Unless you make yourself equipped with strength, it will not be beneficial for your loved ones.

For a psychological counselling, consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/online-psychiatrist-psychotherapy-counseling

|