Q. I pass 10 to 15 ml of blood after I urinate. What it could be?

Dr. Amit Arora
Published on Nov 02, 2019

There are 10-15 ml of blood after I urinate, and I have burning sensation also. This has been going on for a few years now. What medications can assist this? Please advise on the possible diagnosis and treatment of this.

Dr. Amit Arora

Cardiology
#

I want to know about you, your age, and sex. And before we reach to any conclusion I want to tell you something about hematuria (blood in urine).

1) Blood at the beginning of urination (called initial hematuria) typically indicates a lesion in the urethra.

2) Hematuria at the end of urination (called terminal hematuria) often suggests prostatic or bladder cause as I do not know whether you are male or female.

3) Hematuria during the entire urinary cycle (total hematuria) may indicate disease within the ureter or kidney.

Here you must have to clarify your gender and if you are a female then it may be related to some bladder cause and painless bleeding after urination may have so many cause right from some urinary bladder stone inside to serious causes. What I need is:

1) Get a complete urine examination done.

2) USG (ultrasonography) of abdomen.

Till then I suggest consuming plenty of fluids in the form of lemon water, coconut water, fruit juices, and other liquids in plenty.

Take syrup Alkalizer (urinary antiseptic) two teaspoon full with one cup of water thrice daily. But this is a temporary or conservative treatment as I never misguide my patients. So you are requested to respond back to me with all details as soon as possible followed by your USG (ultra sound) report.

Why is my husband having painless hematuria since a year?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband who is 36 years old, is having painless hematuria since last year. The episodes are not defined, it is present for a month or sometimes as less as a week. MRI, CT scan, and cystoscopy, all show normal findings except hyperemia in the bladder. There are stones in his kidney,...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If your husband has already done urine cytology, CT scan, cystoscopy, PSA (prostate-specific antigen), urine routine examination, culture, and all other the investigation are normal, then just keep a follow-up every year with the same investigations. Is he a smoker? An...  Read Full

Please suggest some medicines for my wife's UTI and hematuria.

Query: Hi doctor, My 31 year old wife got UTI and hematuria last year, which got resolved after medication. Today she started having UTI symptoms like frequent urination with burning and pain. Please suggest some medicines.  Read Full >>

Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. She needs to get these basic tests. Ultrasound of the abdomen. Urine routine and culture. CBC (complete blood count). Serum creatinine. For the time being, I suggest you try taking the following for the urinary tract infection (UTI): Tablet Niftran (Nitrofurantoin) 100 mg...  Read Full

I have conceived after trying for five years. Should I be on bed rest?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 34 year old female in the seventh week of pregnancy. I have conceived five years after we started trying for a baby. My blood, urine, and ultrasound test results are normal. But, my doctor has advised me a complete bed rest till the 12th week. Could you please comment? Is bed r...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? There is a big misconception in the minds of many patients and sadly some doctors too, that rest is going to help pregnancy a lot. Let me explain. I do not see any risk factors in you. The age of 34 years is not too high. We do advise complete bed re...  Read Full