Q. What are the causes of blood in urine after masturbation?

Dr. Praveen Pushkar

I am a 64-year-old male. Since a long time, I masturbate daily, sometimes even more than once a day. Post masturbation, I started getting blood in my urine occasionally. Over the last two to three weeks, I have noticed more blood in the urine. Also, my frequency of urination has increased. It is harder to ejaculate, due to which I have to push harder. I drink a lot of water and the color of my urine ranges from dark reddish-brown to light pink. Currently, I am using medications for blood pressure, cholesterol, asthma, and GERD. Also, I got my lab tests done this Monday.

Kindly advise.

#

Are you taking blood thinners? Do you smoke or drink? I suggest you get the following tests done:

• Urine routine analysis.
  • Ultrasound KUB (Kidneys, Ureter, and Bladder).
  • PSA (Prostate-specific antigen).

Kindly revert with the test results.

Thank you for your response.

I have been taking baby Aspirin for many years, which my doctor has asked me to stop since yesterday. I am also on Injection Saxenda, a shot daily that helps lose weight. I have lost 15 lbs so far.

Kindly advise.

#

I suggest you get the tests done. Also, stop tablet Aspirin (Acetylsalicylic acid) until we confirm the diagnosis and increase your water or fluid intake.

Do revert in case of further questions.

Thank you for the answer.

I am going to consult my doctor coming Monday. I masturbate way too much, and I thought that bleeding was due to my excess masturbation. Previously, it would reduce when I stopped masturbating, but now it is not reducing.

Kindly advise.

#

I do not think it is related to masturbation. However, we can rule out many probabilities once your ultrasound is done. Also, are you a smoker?

Kindly get back with the ultrasound results for further assistance.

No. I do not smoke or do drugs. I only consume alcohol sometimes.

#

Great! Then your chances of getting a serious diagnosis are less. I suggest you increase your water intake for the time being till you see your doctor on Monday. Also, get yourself tested for the tests mentioned earlier.

Do get back in case of further questions. I will be happy to help.

|