Q. Is the flesh on wrinkly part of anus related to hemorrhoid?

Dr. K Jagannathan
Published on Oct 09, 2018

Recently, I found a little flesh on the wrinkly part of my anus and also near the perineum but connected to the anus. I am worried that it might be something serious. I recently discovered it like four days ago. It does not cause me any discomfort or bleeding, or any pain. I do not even feel it is there, only when I touch it. I think it started when I sat on the toilet for too long but I am not sure it might be the cause. Do I have hemorrhoids or is it different?

Dr. K Jagannathan

Medical Gastroenterology Paediatrics
#

The problem you have mentioned is of short duration. There are no other symptoms apart from the little flesh you are able to feel. It could probably be a skin tag, which means extra wrinkle of skin over that area. Since there is no discomfort or bleeding, we shall wait and watch. It is unlikely to be hemorrhoids.

I am suffering from piles and infection around the anus. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,I am suffering from piles from nearly about a year. Suddenly yesterday, I felt pain around my anus, and I had 101 F fever. I saw that there is an infection around my anus.  Read Full »

I am getting hemorrhoids at least twice a month. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor,I am getting hemorrhoids often. Even this month, I got hemorrhoids twice. I would like to know, why is it so often for me? I do eat fruits every day, and I do not have constipation. I am 20 years old, and my weight is 59 kg. Thank you.  Read Full »

Kindly suggest medicines for piles and blood in stools.

Query: Hello doctor, I am having blood in stools and I have piles. I also have pain in passing the stools. Can you suggest some medicine?  Read Full »