Hemorrhoids, or also known as piles, are swollen or inflamed veins seen in the rectum or anus. This veins can get inflamed as a result of constipation, straining to pass stools, pregnancy, severe diarrhea, and after giving birth. Internal hemorrhoids develop inside the rectum, and external hemorrhoids develop around the anus.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

How to identify whether my rectal bleeding is due to hemorrhoids?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing rectal bleeding for the past 10 days. At first, it was light but today I noticed that the bleeding seems more severe. It dripped a lot and covered the majority of the toilet paper. The stool itself was not red, just light brown and regular as always. I do not ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Bansari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, I do agree, you are likely having bleeding from hemorrhoids. My recommendation for you will be: 1. Avoid constipation, take Ispaghol husk 2 tablespoons in a glass of water. Keep it for a good four hours and take it. 2. Take tablet Daflon (Flavonoid) 500 mg 1-...  Read Full »

What could cause problems like intestinal obstruction with constipation and piles?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 36 years old. I have a problem on the right side of the large intestine. I have four babies with cesarean surgeries. My youngest baby is 13 years old. My uterus was removed five years ago due to rasoli. After this operation, I felt pain in my anus and a year later I was alright b...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Bansari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your situation. For confirmation, what is going on, you need to visit to a gastroenterologist and get booked for upper and lower GI (gastrointestinal) endoscopy. But reading at your situation, it looks you have both acidity problem and constipation. ...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.