Q. I am diagnosed with hepatitis B and I do not have any symptoms. Please help.

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

I am diagnosed with hepatitis B in the blood test. I am not feeling any symptoms right now. Please help me.

#

Do the below investigations, and I will review the reports. Then we will decide on the treatment.

1. Liver functions tests (bilirubin, enzymes), HBV DNA (quantitative viral load), HBeAg (hepatitis B e-antigen), anti-HBe, anti-HCV (anti-hepatitis C virus), CBC (complete blood count), and HIV (human immunodeficiency virus).

2. USG abdomen (abdominal ultrasound).

3. Fibroscan.

I have done all the blood tests as you recommended. I had recently done the HIV test during my childbirth, but the reports were negative, and I have attached the file.

#

I checked your reports (attachment removed to protect patient's identity), and you did most of them except ultrasound and fibroscan. We should do the investigation, and if there is evidence of fibrosis, then we will decide to start the treatment. Also, tell us about the alcohol status, as alcohol is to be avoided.

Ultrasound abdomen, fibroscan, family screening for HBsAg (hepatitis B surface antigen) to be done for the parents, spouse, and children.

I do not take alcohol regularly. I usually consume a little once a month.

#

It is really good that you have your alcohol consumption at normal.

|