Hepatitis C Treatment

Is it fine to stop with 8 weeks course of treatment for hepatitis C?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 40 years old. I was diagnosed with hepatitis C before 16 years while donating blood. No allopathy treatment was taken till last month. My liver function tests are monitored regularly. Most of the time, the result will be elevated levels of SGOT and SGPT of 200 and 300 respectively. B...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com, We are here to help you. I would highly recommend you to continue the medicine for 12 weeks at least. You are very lucky that your viral load is undetectable just with these medicines, else most of the people with hepatitis C requires 6 to 12 months, if Interfer...  Read Full »

How to cure hepatitis C viral disease?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 59 years old, with type 2 diabetes for the past 15 years. She is taking medications for diabetes, blood pressure and multivitamin Centrum Her diabetes and BP are under control. Before four months, she had severe vomiting, fever and body pain. We approached a hospital and did ...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post and investigations (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your mother is having hepatitis C, which if untreated can lead to liver failure and the treatment success rate is 95 to 99 %. The status of liver disease can be assessed by two m...  Read Full »

Is tablet Hepcivir L safe for a heart patient?

Query: Hi doctor, Is tablet Hepcivir L effective for HCV positive patient? Is that safe for a heart patient?  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cardiac side effect chance is not significant. Drug trial does not mention the cardiac side effect of this drug (Hepcivir L - a combination of Sofosbuvir and Ledipasvir). It means any cardiac side effect is likely to be less than 1% and cannot be attributed to this drug....  Read Full »