Q. I began to eat more to make my body look normal post jaundice. Is it safe?

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 08, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a jaundice (hepatitis A) patient. My earlier SGOT and SGPT was 81 and 117 now it became 117 and 395 respectively and bilirubin total is 1.19. When the bilirubin count decreased, I started to eat food more to make my body look normal. Will it be dangerous?

#

I understand your concerns, but you should not worry. Hepatitis A is self-limiting in the great majority of patients. Hepatitis A is diagnosed clinically and laboratory (HAV IgM and G) is required for the diagnosis. If you have them, please send a copy of the results in the follow up message.

Please answer the following questions:

1. Do you have pain in your tummy?
  2. Have you noticed a change in the color of the urine?
  3. Do you have fever?
  4. Do you take any medications currently?
  5. Do you drink alcohol regularly? If yes, how much?

My suggestions:

1. Drink plenty of fluids and eat healthy, stay away from street meals.
  2. Follow up SGOT and SGPT is required after one week.
  3. Stop drinking alcohol till you become healthy again.
  4. Follow up after one week.
  5. Regarding your concern about eating more than usual, it is not dangerous although not advised.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|