Q. I am addicted to heroin and cannot work with out the drug. How to get rid of heroin addiction?

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

I am addicted to heroin and have been using a lot of drugs. I have been trying to quit these drugs, but I cannot. Whenever I do not use it, my body is painful and dull, and I cannot do any work neither do anything. My mind is all about the drugs whenever I do not use it. I really want to stop this addiction because it is killing me. I cannot stop it because I am a spinster and presently working, so I have to take my drugs in order to work. I went to the rehabilitation center before and was normal, but I got a relapse again. I want to be a normal human with a healthy life. Can you please help me to get out of this addiction and what medicine I have to take?

I took Valium 10 mg, Tramazac and Zolam to help me sleep and forget the pain for five days.

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Paediatrics Psychiatry
#

Heroin addiction is known to be a chronic relapsing condition. It is positive that you are contemplating to stop using heroin again.

You mentioned about being in detox before but relapsed again. You need to consult a psychiatrist in your city and get support from a nearby detox center again to manage the withdrawal symptoms.

More important is you also need to have post-detox follow-up and support to minimize the chances of relapse again. You will need support to develop better coping strategies to deal with life's stressors.

|