Q. Kindly help me to understand my STD report.

Please help me to understand my STD results.

HSV 1 IgG, Type spec 31.10.

HSV 2 IgG, Type spec.

Andrology Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology
#

I read your query and understand your concerns.

The available test report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) indicates positive for herpes simplex virus test positive. However, I must clarify that the unit is not provided and if the unit is provided the answer can change. I request you to attach the test report if possible. I hope this helps.

| 

This is all the info I have. Does that help any?

#

Thanks for the follow up and providing a clear image of the lab report. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

As per the available report, there are two possibilities.

1. There is an active infection of HSV 1 (herpes simplex virus). However, for confirmation of the same, there is a need to do serial titer after a few weeks say four weeks. In case, there is an increase in IgG level it will still indicate active infection. A decrease in titer will indicate that the infection was in the recent past.

2. You contracted the HSV virus in the recent past. To confirm and refuse the possibility serial titer of HSV IgG antibody may need to be done as suggested above. In conclusion, it can be said that the antibody titer indicates the presence of HSV 1 in your body in recent times or the recent past.

I hope this clarifies.

| 

Are my flu-like symptoms due to HIV infection?

Query: Hello doctor, About 4 weeks ago, I got oral sex from a partner whose HIV status is unknown to me. I did only that with her. I always thought that it represented no risk of contamination to HIV. Now the thing is that about 1 week after that intercourse, I did a general blood test and found out that ...  Read Full »

I was masturbating and noticed soreness under head of penis. What is it?

Query: Hi doctor, Yesterday I was doing my thing (masturbating) and I noticed a little soreness under the head of penis. I have been going at it probably twice a day lately. I am just a little concerned that it may be herpes. But I have not been sexually active for a very long time. Also, I have had two n...  Read Full »

Can herpes infection change into gonorrhea?

Query: Hello doctor,I recently was tested during my last gynecologist appointment that I was positive for gonorrhea and have since got treated. Now I have realized that my previous sexual partner gave me gonorrhea. He had herpes 1 and did not test positive for gonorrhea. My sexual partner before that have ...  Read Full »

Ask a Sexologist Now