Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. I have pus-filled red rashes on the back with burning pain. Please help.

Answered by
Dr. Deepti Shukla
and medically reviewed by Dr. Vinodhini. J
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 08, 2020

Hello doctor,

I developed some skin rashes where medium-sized reddish marks have developed on my stomach and back. They have a burning sensation and minor pain when touched. At each of those rashes, there are multiple minor pus-like swellings grouped together.

I have had this for the past three days, and makes it uncomfortable for me to move actively or rest my back against anything. It would be of great help if you could advise medication or a remedy.

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatology Venereology


Welcome to

These rashes could be herpetic rashes. I need to see these rashes to confirm the diagnosis.

Please revert with a photo so I can suggest you treatment accordingly. Do seek treatment to avoid to prevent complications.

Was this answer helpful?


Thank you doctor,

I am attaching two images. Please examine the images and provide me with a diagnosis of what should be done.

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatology Venereology


Welcome back to

I have seen the pictures (attachment s removed to protect patient identity).

Yes, this is herpes zoster. Herpes zoster is a kind of viral infection in which fluid blisters are associated with burning sensation and pain occurs. It can spread by contact so do not touch these lesions again. Keep kids away from you. I will start you on antiviral treatment for seven days.

Take tablet Valacyclovir 1 g, one tablet three times daily after food for seven days eight hours apart. Apply Sodium fusidate cream two times daily on lesions for seven days, and take Pregaba M (Pregabalin and Mecobalamin) one tablet two times daily after for five days. Use Melipox spray on the lesions for soothing effects. Do not scratch these lesions.

Follow up in seven days and do not stop treatment before seven days.

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
I have itchy skin rashes with abdominal cramps and nausea. Will IUD allergy cause such symptoms?
I have itchy skin rashes on my back that are now spreading. What should I do?
Is my oral sore due to herpes infection?
Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Can masturbating using saliva cause herpes?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had this sore on my lip for a week now. It is drying up but before it was drying I masturbated using my saliva and touched the sore. For certain reasons I am aware, this sore could be herpes. My question is could I have passed it to my genitals by touching and rubbing my penis.  Read Full »

I have some kind of skin infection. Please let me know further action from the image.

Query: Hi doctor, I have some skin infection for quite some time now. I have tired a few medicines for the same and I got a laser treatment once. Can you tell me what the issue is based on the images and also the possible treatment that I should undergo?  Read Full »

I have a red bump near my nose piercing. Please suggest some ointment.

Query: Hi doctor, I got a nose piercing done a month back. It was done with a gunshot, and the metal did not suit me. It ended up with a swelling at the area. I changed it to a gold stud, which worked and the piercing was fine till now. From the past 4 to 5 days, I can see a red bump near the piercing. I v...  Read Full »

Also Read

Can naked body to body massage spread HIV?
Hello doctor, I recently had some business trip during which I had some naked body to body massage wherein massager vag...  Read more»
Are COVID-19 Patients Infectious for up to 90 Days After Recovery?
There have been reports of recovered COVID-19 patients getting reinfected and testing positive for almost 3 months. Read...  Read more»
Crohn's Disease
Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive tract, which results in symptoms like severe diarrhea, stomach pain...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Dermatologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.