Q. I have pus-filled red rashes on the back with burning pain. Please help.

Dr. Deepti Shukla

I developed some skin rashes where medium-sized reddish marks have developed on my stomach and back. They have a burning sensation and minor pain when touched. At each of those rashes, there are multiple minor pus-like swellings grouped together.

I have had this for the past three days, and makes it uncomfortable for me to move actively or rest my back against anything. It would be of great help if you could advise medication or a remedy.

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatology Venereology
#

These rashes could be herpetic rashes. I need to see these rashes to confirm the diagnosis.

Please revert with a photo so I can suggest you treatment accordingly. Do seek treatment to avoid to prevent complications.

| 

I am attaching two images. Please examine the images and provide me with a diagnosis of what should be done.

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatology Venereology
#

I have seen the pictures (attachment s removed to protect patient identity).

Yes, this is herpes zoster. Herpes zoster is a kind of viral infection in which fluid blisters are associated with burning sensation and pain occurs. It can spread by contact so do not touch these lesions again. Keep kids away from you. I will start you on antiviral treatment for seven days.

Take tablet Valacyclovir 1 g, one tablet three times daily after food for seven days eight hours apart. Apply Sodium fusidate cream two times daily on lesions for seven days, and take Pregaba M (Pregabalin and Mecobalamin) one tablet two times daily after for five days. Use Melipox spray on the lesions for soothing effects. Do not scratch these lesions.

Follow up in seven days and do not stop treatment before seven days.

|