Q. Kindly give your inputs regarding my annual health report.

Dr. Bharat Patodiya
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 30, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 07, 2020

I have done a health checkup and I like to get your inputs regarding the report. Thanks in advance.

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Oncology
#

• Do you have any symptoms or risk factors like family history of illness? What is your job profile?
  • Do you drink or smoke? How much active is your lifestyle? Do you have any recent history of fever and joint pains?
  • Are you a vegetarian? Revert back with more details as above.

Revert back with the answers to the above questions to a family physician online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

| 

I am a software engineer and I do not have an active lifestyle. I drink, but do not smoke. I do not have any illness currently. I am a non-vegetarian. I have pain in my knees.

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

#

• The reports you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity) are suggestive of deranged lipid and suggestive of metabolic disease. This could be attributed to the sedentary lifestyle.
  • Based on your reports, lifestyle modification is recommended such as fat intake less than 30 g per day and aerobic exercise for 30 to 40 minutes for 5 days a week.
  • Though your TSH - thyroid stimulating hormone level is marginally high, I think you can repeat it after correcting lifestyle for a month or two, as often normalization is seen after healthy lifestyle change.
  • C-reactive protein is again showing background inflammation and put you at risk of cardiac health. Again, I suggest to cut down alcohol and more of vegetarian diet.
  • Your iron is borderline low, which is unusual for male. So, stool examination for any parasite is suggested and iron supplementation following the same.
  • The lipid profile is also grossly abnormal, tempting to start medications. But, dietary improvement is the first step. As with most desk job worker, vitamin D and B12 is low and hence, supplementation should be taken.

For further information consult a family physician online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

|