Q. Kindly give your inputs regarding my annual health report.

Answered by
Dr. Bharat Patodiya
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
Published on Sep 30, 2016

Hi doctor,

I have done a health checkup and I like to get your inputs regarding the report. Thanks in advance.

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Oncology


Welcome to icliniq.com.

  • Do you have any symptoms or risk factors like family history of illness? What is your job profile?
  • Do you drink or smoke? How much active is your lifestyle? Do you have any recent history of fever and joint pains?
  • Are you a vegetarian? Revert back with more details as above.

Revert back with the answers to the above questions to a family physician online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

Thank you doctor,

I am a software engineer and I do not have an active lifestyle. I drink, but do not smoke. I do not have any illness currently. I am a non-vegetarian. I have pain in my knees.

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Oncology


Welcome back to icliniq.com.

  • The reports you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity) are suggestive of deranged lipid and suggestive of metabolic disease. This could be attributed to the sedentary lifestyle.
  • Based on your reports, lifestyle modification is recommended such as fat intake less than 30 g per day and aerobic exercise for 30 to 40 minutes for 5 days a week.
  • Though your TSH - thyroid stimulating hormone level is marginally high, I think you can repeat it after correcting lifestyle for a month or two, as often normalization is seen after healthy lifestyle change.
  • C-reactive protein is again showing background inflammation and put you at risk of cardiac health. Again, I suggest to cut down alcohol and more of vegetarian diet.
  • Your iron is borderline low, which is unusual for male. So, stool examination for any parasite is suggested and iron supplementation following the same.
  • The lipid profile is also grossly abnormal, tempting to start medications. But, dietary improvement is the first step. As with most desk job worker, vitamin D and B12 is low and hence, supplementation should be taken.

For further information consult a family physician online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

Ask a QueryAsk a Query Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Related Questions & Answers

What is Obesity? Why People Become Over-Weight?

Article Overview: Obesity is a ‘silent epidemic’. This article tells about how to find if you have obesity and the reasons for it. Read Article

Dr. Saumya Mittal
Internal Medicine Physician

Who is Considered as An Obese Person? An Obese person is one who has too much body fat and thus has a negative effect on their health. A person is considered obese when they have a weight over 20% of their ideal body weight. On the other hand, one may consider body mass index. Body mass index, ...  Read Article

Does my kid have loose motions due to packaged milk?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 13 months old and 8 kg weight. He is having loose motion over a week. I have given him Oflomac-M and Sporlac tablet twice a day. As he did not suffice, stopped giving him Amul milk and started Isomil. Later he was fine for the next 2 days and when I started back Amul milk since...  Read Full »



Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Family Physician Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.
Enter Your Health Query
You can upload files and images in the next step.



Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.