Q. Can a 76-year-old woman with fluctuating blood pressure levels take the tablet Floricot?

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abdelrahman Abouibrahim
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 18, 2022 and last reviewed on: Dec 06, 2022

I am a 76-year-old woman, and my blood pressure fluctuates to 160/70 mm Hg, 167/67 mm Hg, and 179/59 mm Hg. My doctor advised me to take the Floricot tablet. Is it fine to continue taking this tablet?

#

I understand your concern.

You have high blood pressure, which requires medication to be controlled, and the target is to achieve blood pressure below 130/80 mm Hg. High blood pressure and uncontrolled diabetes cause many complications that affect the kidneys, eyes, heart, and brain. Therefore, strict control of blood pressure and sugar level is required.

Also, kindly answer the following questions:

1. What is your last HbA1c level?

2. How many insulin units do you take per day?

Also, Floricot is not for hypertension; on the contrary, it may increase blood pressure.

I suggest you consult a specialist and take Amlodipine 10 mg tablet once for your hypertension with their consent.

Your condition requires strict follow-up and further consultations with a specialist.

|