Q. How to cure BP?

Dr. Pooja Pardhi
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 03, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 04, 2020

My blood pressure is 145/95. How can I cure it through home remedies? Please suggest.

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

#

I have gone through your query.

• As you are only 24 years old and diagnosed to have hypertension, you should be very careful about your blood pressure.
  • Recheck it after 3 days. If it still remains high then you may need treatment.
  • Mostly high blood pressure is seen in elderly people. But in young people also it is becoming common nowadays because of change in lifestyle and food habits.
  • There are also many other reasons for high blood pressure in young people which should be evaluated thoroughly.
  • My suggestion is please consult a physician and get investigated properly. Please do not ignore it.
  1. Avoid spicy, oily and fatty food.
  2. Reduce salt intake.
  3. Avoid stressful conditions,
  4. Go for a brisk walk daily for at least 30 minutes.
  5. Change your cooking oil every month. It will control your cholesterol also.
  6. Do not take too much tension. Try to be happy most of the times.
  7. Reduce weight. Do regular exercises and meditation.
  8. Avoid taking alcohol and stop smoking.
  9. If you have sedentary lifestyle, try to avoid it.
  10. Avoid junk food and include more vegetables, salads and fibers in your diet.

For further information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

| 
my weight is 82 kg...how can I reduce it as soon as possible??????? please suggest me...and give me a diet plan...

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

# Hi.welcome back to icliniq.You can reduce your weight by regular exercise,work out and brisk walking for atleast 30 minutes daily.Avoid spicy,fatty food.Increase fibre content of your diet.Following a diet plan will also help.For diet plan you need to consult a dietician.Do not take any kind of medicine to reduce weight as they have side effects.

| 

Penis enlargement exercises led to swollen veins on my shaft. Please guide me.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a healthy 33 year old male. I have sex regularly and masturbate regularly. Over the years, I dabbled in penis enlargement exercises. I quit doing them a while back because I felt it was causing a damage to the penis. Recently, I used a cock ring, but for not more than ten minute...  Read Full »

Hypertension - How Aware Are You?

Article Overview: This simple quiz tests your knowledge and teaches you hypertension facts. Read Article

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Please check the answer key and get to know how much you know about hypertension based on your score. 0-3: You need to learn more 3-6: A little more knowledge is good for health > 6: Keep updating yourself Question 1: Hypertensive patients should avoid exercise a) True b) False Answer:...  Read Article

My cervix length is small. Can I do some exercise to get normal delivery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 23-week pregnant with DCDA twin. My CL at week 19 was 28 mm and I was asked to take bed rest. Can I do any exercise because I prefer natural delivery? Currently, I am taking Progesterone tablets vaginally and also weekly Progesterone injection.  Read Full »