Q. Sometimes, my BP falls than normal. Should I continue BP tablet?

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 17, 2016 and last reviewed on: Aug 21, 2020

I am 35 years old. I got mild hypertension during my pregnancy and it continues still. My usual blood pressure will be 140/90 mmHg. Both my parents are with high BP. I have taken my blood tests and urine analysis. Everything is fine, including my ECG. Last year due to improper posture, I had muscle spasms. I was scared and my anxiety increased. Hence, my BP shot up to 150/95 mmHg. My doctor prescribed me Nebiqol 5 mg (Nebivolol), which has kept my BP in control. Sometimes, after taking the medicine by BP falls low at home to 105/65 mmHg. So, I am afraid to continue the tablet daily. But, my doctor says it will optimize the pressure and it will not go down. Kindly advise.

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

#

I had gone through all the data posted.

• If your high blood pressure has started during the time of pregnancy, then it may go down within six weeks after delivery. If it does not decrease with six weeks, then it is unlikely to go down. So, you need to continue tablet.
  • Kindly let me know serum potassium value and thyroid profile report.
  • Do daily regular physical activity, decrease salt content in the diet, avoid caffeine, tea and pickles. With these lifestyle changes, your BP can get down little.
  • If the BP is consistently on the lower side, then we can try to decrease the dosage.
  • Continue the tablet for now and think of what I have explained to you. Review with further details to help you better.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|