Q. Kindly help me with some treatment options to reduce my sugar level.

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar

My age is 41 height is 6.1ft, weight is 94kg. Today i brought gluco meter and test my sugar level and it shoes 220 ( not on fasting). Kindly help me to get some treatment instruction to reduce the sugar level. waiting for the reply. Regards.

#

Hello, Thanks for the query.

I have seen the details given. Random blood glucose 220 mg is quite higher than expected normal. Usually in a normal person following levels are seen : FBG < 100 mg, PP 6.5% is diabetes), that will give a clear idea. Even now you should initiate the treatment with Tablet Tenelegliptin 20 mg and Metformin 500 mg to taken just after breakfast. I am not aware of the brand names availabe in your country.

Suppose if that is not available then drug like Vildagliptin with Metformin can be taken. There is a brand Tenlefine M available there. So start with that. Plus you need to reduce your weight at 94 kgs your BMI is 27.40 kgs/Sq meter (Normal < 23 kgs/Sq meter). Your ideal body weight should be about 81 kgs. Hence weightreduction itself will help in achieving a better glucose control. So look at your diet, avoid junk foods, increase intake of green leafy vegetabbles, salads. Reduce rice intake, avoid bakery items & foods mde from maida(white flour). Increase protein intake. Plus exercise for over 1 hour a day. Avoid alcohol and smoking. In diabetes modified lifestyle is a necessity. If you have any questions please do come back. Thanks.

| 

I have itching of scrotum from two weeks. Please suggest anti-fungal medicines.

Query: Hello doctor, I am experiencing itching of the scrotum, below the scrotum area as well as in the tip of the foreskin. There is a dry and inflamed area on the right scrotum area. There is inflammation of the tip of fore skin. There is inflammation of the area below the scrotum. I am experiencing it...  Read Full »

Please help me lower my blood sugar levels.

Query: Hello doctor, I have diabetes since the last 11 to 12 years, and I started taking medicines given by my family doctor. Presently, I am taking Glimisave M2 (one tablet in the morning and evening), Dynaglipt 20 (one tablet in the morning), and Absolut 3G (one in the evening). My health is fine, and I...  Read Full »

How to control high blood sugar levels with medicines?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 56 years old. My height is 167 cm and weight 100 kg. 11 years ago, I was diagnosed to have diabetes. The maximum score of my sugar was around 280 occasionally due to uncontrolled eating even with pills (DPP 4 and Metformin). Sometimes, I have overeating problem. My HbA1c is 6.5. My...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a Diabetologist Now