Q. Sugar is 390 after food. Kindly tell the reason and how to reduce it.

Dr. Suneetha B S
Published on Apr 28, 2018 and last reviewed on: Nov 27, 2019

My sugar level is not reducing even after I take human Actrapid 24 in the morning, 20 in the noon and Insugen (30/70) 14 dose past 15 days. Sugar is 390 after food. Kindly tell the reason and how to reduce it.

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetology Microbiology Nutritionist
#

It is important to understand how much your sugar level was 15 days ago (before you started insulin therapy). If there is a decrease in your sugar level compared to the earlier value, then you are definitely on the right track. All you need would be a change in the dosage of insulin (the decision would be made by your consulting physician).

Please remember that you should not just rely on treatment, you should also be making lifestyle changes - a healthy balanced diet and regular exercise. You might already be aware that you should avoid all forms of processed sugar until your blood sugar stabilizes.

For more information consult a diabetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/diabetologist

| 

Please help me lower my blood sugar levels.

Query: Hello doctor, I have diabetes since the last 11 to 12 years, and I started taking medicines given by my family doctor. Presently, I am taking Glimisave M2 (one tablet in the morning and evening), Dynaglipt 20 (one tablet in the morning), and Absolut 3G (one in the evening). My health is fine, and I...  Read Full »

Will my blood sugar levels reduce if I exercise and reduce weight?

Query: Hello doctor, I had my blood sugar level tested after nine hours of fasting, and it was 138 g/dL. Am I diabetic? Nine hours back, I had a cold drink and burger, and I am overweight. Will my blood sugar level reduce if I exercise and reduce weight?  Read Full »

I take insulin, but my sugar levels are high. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, How are you? I am a 54 year old male. Nowadays, my sugar level is very high. Every day, I inject 28 units of insulin, 16 units in the morning before food and 12 units in the evening before food. But, my sugar levels are at 255 mg. I want to know if I should increase the shot of insulin...  Read Full »

Ask a Diabetologist Now