Q. Sugar is 390 after food. Kindly tell the reason and how to reduce it.

Dr. Suneetha B S
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 28, 2018 and last reviewed on: Nov 27, 2019

My sugar level is not reducing even after I take human Actrapid 24 in the morning, 20 in the noon and Insugen (30/70) 14 dose past 15 days. Sugar is 390 after food. Kindly tell the reason and how to reduce it.

#

It is important to understand how much your sugar level was 15 days ago (before you started insulin therapy). If there is a decrease in your sugar level compared to the earlier value, then you are definitely on the right track. All you need would be a change in the dosage of insulin (the decision would be made by your consulting physician).

Please remember that you should not just rely on treatment, you should also be making lifestyle changes - a healthy balanced diet and regular exercise. You might already be aware that you should avoid all forms of processed sugar until your blood sugar stabilizes.

For more information consult a diabetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/diabetologist

|