Q. Please suggest a diet to take care of diabetes and creatinine level.

Dr. Sumiya Sulthana
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 16, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 31, 2018

I am 60 years female, diabetic for past 10 years. I am taking medication for diabetes, hypertension, cholesterol, and Ecosprin 75 daily. Last week after a bout of fever and cough, I have been tested for high creatinine (2).

I am still very weak and suffering from loss of appetite, nausea, biliousness. Please suggest a diet to take care of diabetes and creatinine level. I am vegetarian. Currently, I am taking Flexiglim 0.5 1-0-1, Aztor 10 0-0-1, and Ecosprin 75 0-1-0, Cilacar 10 mg 1-0-0, and Starpress XL 25 0-0-1.

Dr. Sumiya Sulthana

Dietician Nutritionist
#

Need not worry. Due to fever and medication changes have happened. You need to meet your endocrinologist and monitor your medication and ask any fluid restriction follow-up till creatinine settel down, usually, they will recommend a good amount of fluids.

Get KFT (kidney function test) done wherein we can monitor sodium and potassium levels. Till then you need to follow a strict diabetic diet.

It is important to have a very good control of diabetes. Since you ate losing protein in urine you have tierdness.

Have a small frequent meal, avoid excess greens, take moderate protein in diet fluids as per consultant. Take a supplement to manage protein loss.

For more information consult a dietician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dietician

| 

My mother has CKD with creatinine level 6.3. What has to be done?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 56 years old and she is having CKD with creatinine level 6.3. Her BP is around 130/80 mmHg and blood sugar below 150 mg/dl for the past three months. Kindly guide me.  Read Full »

Please suggest a diet plan to lose weight.

Query: Hi doctor, I have gastric problem. Can you suggest me diet plan to lose weight with consideration of my gastric problem. Please specify any precautions to be taken and mention the source of food. I am attaching my medical reports which I have done before six months. Thank you.  Read Full »

Ask a Dietician Now