Q. Please suggest a diet to take care of diabetes and creatinine level.

Dr. Sumiya Sulthana
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 16, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 10, 2020

I am 60 years female, diabetic for past 10 years. I am taking medication for diabetes, hypertension, cholesterol, and Ecosprin 75 daily. Last week after a bout of fever and cough, I have been tested for high creatinine (2).

I am still very weak and suffering from loss of appetite, nausea, biliousness. Please suggest a diet to take care of diabetes and creatinine level. I am vegetarian. Currently, I am taking Flexiglim 0.5 1-0-1, Aztor 10 0-0-1, and Ecosprin 75 0-1-0, Cilacar 10 mg 1-0-0, and Starpress XL 25 0-0-1.

#

Need not worry. Due to fever and medication changes have happened. You need to meet your endocrinologist and monitor your medication and ask any fluid restriction follow-up till creatinine settel down, usually, they will recommend a good amount of fluids.

Get KFT (kidney function test) done wherein we can monitor sodium and potassium levels. Till then you need to follow a strict diabetic diet.

It is important to have a very good control of diabetes. Since you ate losing protein in urine you have tierdness.

Have a small frequent meal, avoid excess greens, take moderate protein in diet fluids as per consultant. Take a supplement to manage protein loss.

For more information consult a dietician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dietician

|