Q. Is it normal to have raised ESR in a patient with AIH?

Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on High Esr or Hepatitis? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Thought to have likely acute AIH for the past eight months. Currently, being treated with Prednisolone 8 mg to go to 5 mg and Azathioprine 50 much. My ALT/AST are within normal range last two months coming down from almost 2000. ESR has been steadily rising since past five months, commenced Azathioprine later, ESR was normal. Can you tell me your thoughts? I did not see the consultant for two months. I have been told all other blood reports are fine, ESR now is 52.