Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. Is there any way to reverse my child's eye power?

Answered by
Dr. Anand
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on May 05, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Hello doctor,

My daughter is 8 years old and she has -8.5/-5.5 and cyl 3.5 on her right eye and -4.5/3.5 and cyl 3.0 on her left eye. Is there any cure by which the number can be corrected or be blocked from increasing further? Please guide.

Dr. Anand

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)


Welcome to

  • As your kid is having very high power, it is difficult to reverse the power.
  • Also, it is very essential to wear glasses full day except during sleep.
  • For development of normal vision, you can use high index glasses which are thinner and lighter, not to get marks. This will be very comfortable for growing child.
  • Also, take vitamin A rich foods and tablets to improve general eye health.
  • After some years she can wear contact lenses, which gives better vision.
  • You can send pictures of her eyes and glass prescription for more details.

Revert back with the pictures of eyes to an eye care ophthalmologist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
My father has night blindness. How to keep his vision in good state?
How to choose contact lenses for my power?
My contact lens has dried out. Can I use it?
Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

How to get rid of extremely pigmented underarms and thinning hair?

Query: Hello doctor, Why do I have extremely pigmented underarms? I use lime juice to whiten my underarm. Is it good? How to get rid of it? And, my hair is thinning on top of my head. Please help. I have never been to a dermatologist.  Read Full »

Why are my new glasses giving me a headache?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21 year old male. This is the fourth time I am changing my spectacles. But this time, the spectacles are hurting my ears and my right eye. And I also have a headache. What do I do?  Read Full »

What is the best option other than glasses in case of keratoconus?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an eye disorder (keratoconus). I would like to know whether I can continue wearing soft lens. The hard lens/RGP lens provides a lot of discomfort. Do I have other options apart from glasses?  Read Full »

Also Read

Crohn's Disease
Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive tract, which results in symptoms like severe diarrhea, stomach pain...  Read more»
I was diagnosed with Celiac disease a year back. Can you suggest any medicine?
Having celiac fromnlast 10 year dignosis recently ayear ago since then i am gluten free still cant absorb food feeling w...  Read more»
My head is shivering from 20 days, and it feels like head trauma. What is the cause?
Hello sir, My head is shivering like anything , feeling like trauma is head. And its start anytime in a day and when s...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Eye Care Ophthalmologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.