Q. Is there any way to reverse my child's eye power?

Dr. Anand
Published on May 05, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My daughter is 8 years old and she has -8.5/-5.5 and cyl 3.5 on her right eye and -4.5/3.5 and cyl 3.0 on her left eye. Is there any cure by which the number can be corrected or be blocked from increasing further? Please guide.

Dr. Anand

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

• As your kid is having very high power, it is difficult to reverse the power.
  • Also, it is very essential to wear glasses full day except during sleep.
  • For development of normal vision, you can use high index glasses which are thinner and lighter, not to get marks. This will be very comfortable for growing child.
  • Also, take vitamin A rich foods and tablets to improve general eye health.
  • After some years she can wear contact lenses, which gives better vision.
  • You can send pictures of her eyes and glass prescription for more details.

Revert back with the pictures of eyes to an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

| 

How to get rid of extremely pigmented underarms and thinning hair?

Query: Hello doctor, Why do I have extremely pigmented underarms? I use lime juice to whiten my underarm. Is it good? How to get rid of it? And, my hair is thinning on top of my head. Please help. I have never been to a dermatologist.  Read Full »

Why are my new glasses giving me a headache?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21 year old male. This is the fourth time I am changing my spectacles. But this time, the spectacles are hurting my ears and my right eye. And I also have a headache. What do I do?  Read Full »

What is the best option other than glasses in case of keratoconus?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an eye disorder (keratoconus). I would like to know whether I can continue wearing soft lens. The hard lens/RGP lens provides a lot of discomfort. Do I have other options apart from glasses?  Read Full »