Q. Kindly explain the elevated values in my blood report.

Dr. Kamal Kant Sahu

Yesterday, I went to do a blood test after exercising and did not drink enough water. I got my results, and a few things were elevated. But I have no symptoms and wanted to ask about that.

#

I saw the picture you attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). However, is there any way you can send a detailed report to me? Otherwise, yes, dehydration may cause the concentration of blood sometimes and cause elevation of hemoglobin. This should not be a problem for you unless it goes super high. Hence if you can send the detailed report, I can help you more in that case.

I have attached the images of the report.

#

I saw the new attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

They are very close to normal. Also, many people do have that level of hemoglobin and are considered normal for them, and nothing needs to be done for them.

Just to make you a little more aware of this, dehydration may show like this. Similarly, if you have loose stools leading to dehydration, it will again lead to this. Please make a note that smoking also causes elevation of hemoglobin.

Irrespective of the cause, hemoglobin at this level (like yours) need not be worried for. No need to get it checked for a year until your annual physical examination.

|