Q. Is an increase in red blood cells concerning?

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Kindly help me to know in detail about the abnormalities in my blood reports.

Thanks.

#

Thank you for writing, and I can understand your concern.

I have gone through your reports (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity), and actually, there are minor changes due to infection, improper diet, etc.

Red blood cells are elevated. It might be due to increased intake of food containing vitamin B12 like red meat and fruits. But the changes are not significantly high to cause anything serious. So, do not worry. Total IgE indicates allergies in the body, and C-reactive protein means muscle injuries, such as liver infections or inflammation in any part of the body.

Kindly answer me the following to help you better;

1) Do you have difficulties in breathing?

2) Is there any generalized body ache?

3) What symptoms do you have?

4) Are you taking any medicine currently?

Thanks for the reply.

I am suffering from migraines and have breathing problems too. I am sending you the recent CT scan report. Kindly go through the reports and guide me to the best treatment.

Thanks.

#

The CT (computed tomography) reports are normal, and There is nothing to worry about.

Take care.

Thanks for the response.

I am having a migraine for the past seven years, and the intensities of the headaches are severe.

What treatment would be the best?

Thanks.

#

If medical treatment is not helping, then I suggest you go for surgery. Septoplasty and repairing the deviated septum to make it straight will help.

Take care.

|