Q. I am implanted with pacemaker and potassium is high. What diet to follow?

Dr. Sumiya Sulthana

I am implanted with a pacemaker. I am aged 71, potassium 5.1, fasting glucose 273, postprandial 353. What diet should I follow?

#

It needs to be monitored very strictly with diet so that it will help to manage the present condition and avoid kidney problems.

Strictly follow a diabetic diet plan with complex carbohydrate diet with a split of seven to eight meals per day.

Avoid excess potassium-rich foods like greens, citrus, tender coconut water, ragi in diet till potassium is under control.

You can include fruits like apple, pineapple, and guava in diet approximately 100 g per day.

For further queries consult a dietician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dietician

Can you provide a list of what to eat both in veg and non-veg?

#

• In veg, you can include radish, all sorts of gourds, beetroot, carrot, knolkhol (German turnip), in greens only fenugreek, and
  • In non-veg, you can have chicken, fish (river not sea) and egg whites.

For more information consult a dietician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dietician

|