High Wbc Count

What could be the reason for the high white blood count?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a high white blood count, and there are no symptoms or complaints apart from the blood test reports. I got the same high white blood cell count when I tested two years back.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Your attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is not of the bone marrow. It is a flow cytometry report of peripheral blood. In the attached report, flow cytometry is positive for the B cell marker and suggests ch...  Read Full »

My WBC count is above 10,000. Do I have blood cancer?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 26 year old female. Last year, my physician told me that I have an iron deficiency, and put me on supplements. My WBC count is 10,300 now. I have no infection, and I am not on any other medication. I am worried due to the high WBC count. I am attaching my CBC test report. Ple...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your CBC (complete blood count) report attached here (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The normal adult range for WBC (white blood cells) count is 4000 to 11000 cells/mcL. Your count 10,300 cells/mcL is within the range. Let me know if you a...  Read Full »

What is the concerning fact with varying WBC and hemoglobin values?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old. I am about 65 kg and 5.6 feet in height. I doubt my CBC. Last two months ago, in the CBC test, my WBC was reduced to 5000 from 5600, and my Hb was increased to 17 gm. I repeated CBC. In the report, WBC was increased to 5800, and Hb is 16.5 gm. Is it normal? I have a hi...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Following is my opinion for your asked question. In the attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), hematocrit, WBC count, and RBC count are absolutely normal. Do not worry about variations in the total WBC count. According to the different physio...  Read Full »

Are frequent bowel movements with mucus signs of bowel cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32-year-old woman. I have severe anxiety, but I am not on medication due to breastfeeding my toddler. I am overweight, and my recent blood work showed high WBC (it is always on the high side for me) due to an eye infection. After antibiotics, it went down. My recent worry is th...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Bansari

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your concern extensively. In my opinion, you are suffering from IBS-C (Irritable bowel syndrome with constipation). It is a functional disorder of the intestine. It can be managed with medicines and relaxation techniques so that anxiety can be taken care...  Read Full »

What are the tests done to check blood cell levels?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 35 year old female. I have hypothyroidism and I am on Synthyroid. Overall, I am healthy. I exercise daily and do not smoke. I have a 15 month old toddler. Throughout my pregnancy, my blood work showed an elevated WBC, but they are under 15 k/mL. They just assumed it was due to bein...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: The high basophil count of 10% associated with immature granulocytes of 9.8% is a bit worrisome. The white blood cell count is unusually low for the above findings. As with the above, I expect to usually count on more than 10...  Read Full »

What causes recurrent sickness in a small child?

Query: Hello doctor, I only want to show my child test reports and want to know the reason for his sickness. He is getting sick anytime. Also, he is a bit weak. Please check the attached reports of two different labs and advise me on the problem and the problem in the future. My son is not with me. We are...  Read Full »

Dr. Sudhakar Palanisamy

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your situation and concern for the child. Let us take one by one. Reports are relatively fine (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Nothing to be worried. The report shows your son has some infection, and he is fighting it properly...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for raised WBC, neutrophils, hemoglobin, and hematocrit values?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a WBC count of 11.2 and neutrophils are 7.8. Also, my hemoglobin is 17.8 and hematocrit 51.8. Is that serious? Please advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have recently done CBC (complete blood count) and revealed that WBC (white blood cells) 11.2, neutrophils 7.8, hemoglobin 17.8, and hematocrit 51.8. Your WBC, neutrophils, hemoglobin, and hematocrit are ...  Read Full »

Should I be worried to have a high WBC count?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a high white blood cell count. It is more than usual. I got my blood tested. And the result is I have 12000 white blood count. In the report, it is written that normal count is up to 11000. Do I have to worry about anything? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Y Siva Roja

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. White blood cells are a type of blood cells which are majorly involved in fighting infection in the body and are usually increased in amounts when the body is fighting against an infection and occasionally in certain other conditions. ...  Read Full »

What are the causes for high platelet count?

Query: Hi doctor, My total RBC count: 6.14. Packed cell volume/hematocrit: 51.70. RDW: 14.1. Total WBC count: 10200. Absolute lymphocyte count: 3570. Absolute eosinophil count: 510. Platelet count: 477000. Do I have cancer because my platelet count is been increasing 6 months back it was 41...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is unlikely to be cancer. This is a gradual increase in platelet which is not expected in cancer. Also, much more increase is expected in cancer. Now this much elevation may be due to worsening sleep apnea or may be lab variation. You may retest it to confirm and...  Read Full »

Does bleeding gums with high WBC count indicate leukemia?

Query: Hello doctor, I am worried that my wife might have leukemia. My wife had thyroid cancer treated six years back by total thyroidectomy and she is taking the Levothyroxine pill since then. Everything was looking fine till we had our first baby last year. During pregnancy, she had gestational diabetes...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your wife's ill health. Following is my opinion for your asked question. In your latest reort, total WBC count is slight high and lymphocytes count are high. But they are not elevated to a level to raise suspicion for leukemia. So it cannot be said as ...  Read Full »