High Wbc Count

I am worried about my increased creatinine and WBC levels. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, Though my doctors have not contacted me, should I be concerned with my abnormal laboratory test results? The laboratory results show cholesterol of 257 (critical high), total bilirubin of 0.24 (low), creatinine (urine) of 205.3 (High), WBC/HPF of 9 (High) and urine leukocyte esteras...  Read Full »

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should contact your doctor if creatinine level and WBC counts are high. You should not worry about other tests. High creatinine level suggests some problem in your kidney. It may be directly or indirectly related to the kidney. But in both the situations, you shou...  Read Full »

How to get rid of fever, body pain, and headache?

Query: Hi doctor, For the past four days, I have body ache, headache and 102 degrees Fahrenheit fever. I am taking Augmentin 375 thrice a day and Paracetamol every three to four hours. Fever comes down to 100, but again increases to 102 once the effect of Paracetamol gets over. I feel so weak. Please sugg...  Read Full »

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are having fever for three to four days and not having any improvement, then do one blood test CBC with MP (complete blood count with metabolic panel) and one urine routine test. From history it looks like you have viral fever. If the platelet count is low in...  Read Full »

Does sudden increase in WBC with less RBC indicate leukemia?

Query: Hello doctor, I am concerned about my recent CBC results. My monocytes are high at .79, and also my hematocrit and platelets are gradually decreasing. I saw my primary care physician for my elbow, arm pain, and had my annual CBC. Then a few weeks later, I had blood in my urine. My doctor ordered a...  Read Full »

Dr. Mubashir Razzaq Khan

Hematologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should have uploaded the CBC report to document anemia's degree (cluing towards the potential cause of anemia by red cell indices) and thrombocytopenia. However, anemia could be due to the loss of blood in the urine. Contrarily, blood loss in urine might be menst...  Read Full »

Is it normal to get ribbon-like stools with cramps?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32-year-old woman. I asked a question concerning my stools last week as well, as there was some visible mucus. Since then, the mucus is a lot less, and I was seen by a doctor who performed an anoscopy, which was expected. He told me not to worry. My stools usually are quite wel...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, I remember about the last time we had a conversation. Anoscopy was expected to be normal since it was only local irritation of the rectal lining due to local trauma, as we discussed last time. I hope you have avoided the rectal temp. I was monitoring afterward. ...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for the high white blood count?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a high white blood count, and there are no symptoms or complaints apart from the blood test reports. I got the same high white blood cell count when I tested two years back.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Your attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is not of the bone marrow. It is a flow cytometry report of peripheral blood. In the attached report, flow cytometry is positive for the B cell marker and suggests ch...  Read Full »

My WBC count is above 10,000. Do I have blood cancer?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 26 year old female. Last year, my physician told me that I have an iron deficiency, and put me on supplements. My WBC count is 10,300 now. I have no infection, and I am not on any other medication. I am worried due to the high WBC count. I am attaching my CBC test report. Ple...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your CBC (complete blood count) report attached here (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The normal adult range for WBC (white blood cells) count is 4000 to 11000 cells/mcL. Your count 10,300 cells/mcL is within the range. Let me know if you a...  Read Full »

What is the concerning fact with varying WBC and hemoglobin values?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old. I am about 65 kg and 5.6 feet in height. I doubt my CBC. Last two months ago, in the CBC test, my WBC was reduced to 5000 from 5600, and my Hb was increased to 17 gm. I repeated CBC. In the report, WBC was increased to 5800, and Hb is 16.5 gm. Is it normal? I have a hi...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Following is my opinion for your asked question. In the attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), hematocrit, WBC count, and RBC count are absolutely normal. Do not worry about variations in the total WBC count. According to the different physio...  Read Full »

Are frequent bowel movements with mucus signs of bowel cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32-year-old woman. I have severe anxiety, but I am not on medication due to breastfeeding my toddler. I am overweight, and my recent blood work showed high WBC (it is always on the high side for me) due to an eye infection. After antibiotics, it went down. My recent worry is th...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Bansari

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your concern extensively. In my opinion, you are suffering from IBS-C (Irritable bowel syndrome with constipation). It is a functional disorder of the intestine. It can be managed with medicines and relaxation techniques so that anxiety can be taken care...  Read Full »

What are the tests done to check blood cell levels?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 35 year old female. I have hypothyroidism and I am on Synthyroid. Overall, I am healthy. I exercise daily and do not smoke. I have a 15 month old toddler. Throughout my pregnancy, my blood work showed an elevated WBC, but they are under 15 k/mL. They just assumed it was due to bein...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: The high basophil count of 10% associated with immature granulocytes of 9.8% is a bit worrisome. The white blood cell count is unusually low for the above findings. As with the above, I expect to usually count on more than 10...  Read Full »

What causes recurrent sickness in a small child?

Query: Hello doctor, I only want to show my child test reports and want to know the reason for his sickness. He is getting sick anytime. Also, he is a bit weak. Please check the attached reports of two different labs and advise me on the problem and the problem in the future. My son is not with me. We are...  Read Full »

Dr. Sudhakar Palanisamy

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your situation and concern for the child. Let us take one by one. Reports are relatively fine (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Nothing to be worried. The report shows your son has some infection, and he is fighting it properly...  Read Full »