Q. I am 31 weeks pregnant with increased WBC count. Will it come back to normal after delivery?

Answered by Dr. Parth R Goswami and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on High Wbc Count or Pregnancy Health? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 27-year-old pregnant lady. I am in 31 st week of pregnancy. My WBC has been increasing off late. My present WBC count is 19.0×10^3 cells per liter. And I have not had any infections from the time I am pregnant. Now I have been asked to get an MPN panel test. It has got me worried. Now I would like to know the chances of MPN test results being normal? And I would also like to know if this happens to pregnant women where in the WBC increases during pregnancy and goes back to normal after delivery?