Q. What are the causes of high WBC and high uric acid levels in a person with diabetes and hypertension?

Dr. Sugreev Singh
This is a premium question & answer published on May 17, 2022 and last reviewed on: May 18, 2022

My mother is diabetic and hypertensive. We got a routine test done for her. Please examine the reports. Right now, she has no complaints. However, I just noticed her WBC and uric acid are slightly high. Please suggest if all is fine. Her current medications include tablet Glycomet Gp 3/850 two times, tablet Voglibose 0.3 two times, tablet Telmisat AM 5 mg two times, Alzolam 0.5 mg tablet once at night, Alzolam 0.25 once in the morning, tablet Nexito 10 once in the morning, and Fibator 5 tablet.

#

Thank you for writing, and I understand your concern.

You have mistakenly uploaded the payment slip, not the blood reports. So, I request you to please check and attach the reports.

As you mentioned, her WBC (white blood cells) is increased, so it can be due to some current infection and can be treated accordingly.

Please do tell me what is her WBC and uric acid count?

If she does not have any symptoms, you should not be worried much.

|