Q. How can I investigate the reason for an increase in eosinophils?

Answered by Dr. Parth R Goswami and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Higher Eosinophil Count or Allergic Rhinitis? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I had a severe cough seven months back and lasted for a long time. During that period a severe pain started in my left shoulder and neck and still, it is persisting. The doctor used to give me a painkiller and it subsided for some period and then again it started. I stopped taking any tablet further carrying the pain daily. I read some article stating due to viral infection such problems can occur. So I did a blood test on my own and there we observed eosinophils count 11 (range is 0.0 to 6.0) and absolute count 0.83X10^3/uL (0 to 0.5), MCHC 30.8, RDW-SD 49.3, RDWCV 14.6, PDW 8.3, PLCR 12.8. How do I investigate further the reason for an increase in eosinophils? Please note I had continuous sneezing and mucous formation in the nose. I had been operated for polyps as well but even today I cannot smell. I am unable to understand what to do and how should I get rid of these health issues and what corrective measures I should take. Currently, I am taking Hetrazan100, Neurokind and Vitamin D3 tablet once a week.