Q. What vegetable juice can be taken for daily routine?

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on May 06, 2019

I eat three fruits together in the morning that is kiwi, guava, and papaya for breakfast. I read that this combination is fine. I do not eat many vegetables, but I would love to have a vegetable juice for complete nutrition. Can you please suggest a juice which I can have as a daily routine.

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

#

In this age group, it is better to take fruits and vegetables in your daily diet.

You can take the following vegetable juice in your daily routine.

1. Carrot juice, contains beta carotene and natural source of Vitamin A. It helps to improve your eye health naturally. It contains fiber which helps to evacuate bowel easily.

2. Spinach juice, is a good source of multivitamins like Vitamins A, B2, B6, C, and E, etc., and micronutrients like zinc, copper, magnesium, manganese, calcium, and iron, etc. It helps to improve your overall health, hair, and skin.

3. Cabbage juice has a high capacity to heal the peptic ulcer. It also helps to fight against cancer. It is a good detoxifier.

4. Sweet potato juice, is a good source of Vitamin C and B12. It helps to resolve arthritis and inflammatory issues.

5. Beetroot juice, is a rich source of multivitamins and minerals. It helps to improve Hb (hemoglobin) count, and subside skin disorders.

Here I have mentioned some vegetable juice and their benefits. You can also select tomatoes juice, bottle gourd juice, to fight against abnormal cholesterol and hypertension.

You can mention it in your daily routine as per your issues or for natural health.

Which vegetables can I mix for juice? Also, should I need to eat the residue after taking out the juice or throw it?

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

#

It is better to take separately. You should not mix all the vegetables to make juice because all vegetable has specific qualities. Remaining parts you can use to make recipes.

Health Benefits from Eating Eggs

Article Overview: Egg protein has the highest nutritive quality as compared to any other dietary protein. An egg is said to be a complete food because of its nutritional benefits, such as vitamins, minerals, proteins, best quality of fat, etc. Read Article

Dr. Durga Kumari
Nutritionist

Who does not know the benefits of an egg? I think everyone is familiar with this nutritious white diamond of the food group. It is a rich source of all nutrients except vitamin C (ascorbic acid). An egg of 50 g weight contains the following: Calorie - 85. Protein - 6.5 g (13 % of RDA). Fat - 6....  Read Article

Tips for Healthy Appetite

Article Overview: Lack of appetite is the condition in which we do not feel hungry at all, resulting in growth retardation, weight loss, depression, headache, etc. Read Article

Dr. Durga Kumari
Nutritionist

A healthy appetite refers to a positive sign of a healthy wellbeing. Many factors can contribute to loss of appetite, such as emotional disturbances, mild illness or severe health problems. Loss of appetite can cause depression, appendicitis, thyroid problems, infections, poor nutrition and some typ...  Read Article

How can I get rid of heartburn and a bloated stomach?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32 year old suffering from anxiety disorder, and I took some related medicines for a few years and still take Mirtazapine. I have weight issues from a couple of years. I do blood examinations regularly, which come back normal. Lately, I am having problems with heartburn. I had ...  Read Full »

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now