Q. The internal rotation of my hip is very low. What could be the reason?

Dr. Shakti Mishra

Just to give you a bit of a background, I am a young male who is heavily involved in sports. Several months ago, I noticed my left (non-dominant side) hip internal rotation is very low or practically non-existent. I also noticed pinching at the front of my hip when getting into a deep squat position. In the last few weeks, I have experienced a dull ache in the deep groin or hip region on that side. This usually went away a day or two after training, but since last Friday it has not gone away. It is not a debilitating pain, but it is noticeable when twisting, turning or kicking. Generally, it seems to go away after 20 to 30 minutes of warming up but will come back again post-training. Hamstring flexibility is also low on that side. Could this be a hip impingement? If not, what else could it be? Would it be alright to train in the meantime?

#

• It is not possible to come to any conclusion without a proof. You need to do an X-ray of the hip and pelvic joint.
  • There might be anterior tilting of the pelvis because of which movement of the hip joint is restricted during internal rotation. In that case, it will get corrected soon.
  • Avoid playing sports until then.

Follow up with the reports for a conclusive diagnosis.

Revert with more information to a physiotherapist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/physiotherapist

|