Q. Can diabetes effect my HIV DUO test results?

Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Hiv-duo Test or Hiv Testing? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Some 20 months ago, while having tea outside the office, I felt a slight pinch in my hands. I thought it would have been a mosquito bite as it was itching. But, I also had a thought that someone might have inserted a needle. Recently, a month ago, I read in a leading newspaper that a husband tried to insert a needle loaded with HIV blood to his wife. Then, I got a bit worried and was anxious. So, the next day, I went and did a test. I have attached the test reports for your reference. I would like to mention that I have diabetes from past five years and I am currently on Istamet 50/1000 mg. I have a few questions. Kindly check the report and please let me know if everything is fine. What should be the duration of the exposure to needles and the test? As I am a diabetic and take a diabetes medicine, will this have an effect on the test results? Is it conclusive that I am HIV negative, as after that episode I did not have any other exposure? Please advice.