Q. What test should I undergo to confirm HIV?

This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 06, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 10, 2020

had sex 40 days back. I feel burning sensation in penis for last 1 month. I had HIV test after 12 days of exposure and it was negative. Now, I have severe throat pain and fever even after three days course of medication. What to do? Please guide.

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

• Your HIV tests (human immunodeficiency virus) are not conclusive because none of the test will become positive in 12 days. Your sexologist should have told you this.
  • Please go for HIV-1 and HIV-2 antibody test and HIV RNA RT-PCR test (reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction).

For further information consult an HIV AIDS specialist online -->  https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/HIV-AIDS-specialist

|