Q. What test should I undergo to confirm HIV?

This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 06, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 10, 2020

had sex 40 days back. I feel burning sensation in penis for last 1 month. I had HIV test after 12 days of exposure and it was negative. Now, I have severe throat pain and fever even after three days course of medication. What to do? Please guide.

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Plastic Surgery – Reconstructive And Cosmetic Venereology
#

• Your HIV tests (human immunodeficiency virus) are not conclusive because none of the test will become positive in 12 days. Your sexologist should have told you this.
  • Please go for HIV-1 and HIV-2 antibody test and HIV RNA RT-PCR test (reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction).

For further information consult an HIV AIDS specialist online -->  https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/HIV-AIDS-specialist

| 

How is the CMIA combo test done for HIV testing?

Query: Hello doctor, I shall be thankful to you if you please answer few of my queries. How CMIA combo for HIV testing is done? How much it is reliable at 175 and 180 post incidence. INDEX was .14 and .08, respectively. What are the chances of error in the result? (Done at two different labs). Even after ...  Read Full »

Is the HIV RNA test conclusive?

Query: Hi doctor, I had unprotected sex with a woman for two to three minutes around four weeks ago. I took HIV 1 RNA test on 11th day which was negative. Again I took complete STD panel tests on 21st day with HIV-1 RNA and HIV fourth generation tests, all of the results were negative. But, I can notice sm...  Read Full »

HIV1 RNA test is negative. Can it be concluded that I do not have HIV?

Query: Hi doctor,I had sex with massage girl a month back with a condom. But I am not sure about condom break. I had HIV1 RNA test 21 days late. It came negative. So do I need to take another test or can it be concluded that I do not have HIV?  Read Full »

Ask a HIV AIDS Specialist Now