Q. Can Doxy and Flavospas cause fat loss from the body?

Answered by Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Hiv Risk Factors or Enlarged Lymph Node? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I had unprotected sexual exposure around four months ago and after that I found a swelling in my right scrotum (after scanning found benign) and consulted a urologist and told him about my exposure and he prescribed Azhithral injections but I was unable to take as it became allergic in the test dose and then he gave me Doxy LDR1 forte (14 no.s) and Flavospas 200 mg for one week. When I was consuming this, I got heavy pain in my body and after some days I found that fat under my thighs, palms, hands, legs, chest, feet and soles has been lost (it is still continuing). A swollen lymph node in neck appeared and my left parotid gland became swollen. I consulted an ENT. He prescribed Moxclav 625. The swelling in the parotid gland subsided and again after some days there was swelling and the doctor gave me Piroxicam. Again it subsided and then after some days again the same problem raised and the doctor gave me Claribid 500 for five days and it subsided.

A scan was done on my neck and the result showed:

Enlarged left parotid gland with diffuse decrease in echogenicity possibly parotitis. Cervical lymphadenitis: Enlarged lymph nodes noted in the left posterior cervical, submandibular and upper jugular group. They show maintained fatty hilum and ovoid shape. Maximum short axis diameter is 5 mm.Still, I am losing fat from thighs, glute, legs, hands, chest, palms, and soles of the feet, etc. I have a burning and tingling sensation all over the body and in the night inside of both palms become red and veins become enlarged. The following tests I did for HIV and other STDs after the above-mentioned exposure:

• P24 antigen - 28th day.
  • ELISA - 42nd day.
  • CMIA DUO test - 75th day.
  • ELISA - 92nd day.
  • Hep B, HCV, and VDRL - 99th day.

All the above tests were negative. And doctors said that HIV test after 90th day is conclusive that I do not have HIV. Then please analysis my case and give me your valuable suggestions.