Q. What is the chance of me contracting HIV after protected sex?

Published on Apr 13, 2018

I had a protected sex with a sex worker five weeks before. She gave me oral sex after wearing a condom, then we had vaginal sex with the same condom for about 10 minutes. Muscle and joint pain on legs started after one month of act. I also got cold with this. I had flown after which I got this cold. I am very much worried after going through symptoms of HIV on the internet. Also, I do not know the quality of condom used. Do these symptoms relate to HIV? What is the chance of me contracting HIV? Should I get tested?

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Plastic Surgery – Reconstructive And Cosmetic Venereology
#

There is nothing to worry. You are not at risk.

For more information consult a HIV AIDS specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/HIV-AIDS-specialist

I am seriously worried about my condition. I am under great stress due to this thigh muscle, leg muscle, joint pain. It has been for three weeks since it started. Is this pain due to the presence of virus in the body? If not what could be the reason for this pain? Should I get tested and what is the chance of me contracting HIV? Please reply at the earliest.

#

Nothing to worry, you are not at risk if the exposure was protected. There is no need for testing too. HIV virus initial presentations are not like what you have mentioned. So relax. For other symptoms, you can take tablet Azithral 500 mg once daily for five days and tablet Dynapar 500 mg twice daily for five days. Review in five days.

Is it possible to have hairy leukoplakia three months after risky sexual activity?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28 year old male who discovered this lesion on my tongue by accident while brushing my teeth. It does not come off easily with the toothbrush. Actually, it does not, unless I apply significant force to remove it. It has been a month since I first discovered it and no other symp...  Read Full »

My joint pain is affecting my academics. Please suggest a permanent cure.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing joint pains in my waist, back, and neck for a year now. Whenever I visit a hospital, I am prescribed NSAID, which gives me only a temporary relief. I want this problem to get solved permanently because it has started affecting my academics. I need your ...  Read Full »

Can oral sex result in STD?

Query: Hi doctor, Four days ago, I had oral sex with a lady, who I already know. Though no intercourse happened, I am worried about STDs. Please suggest if I have to undergo any test. I am very tensed for this and I want to clear my mind. I do not have any problem except stress. Also, please explain where ...  Read Full »

Ask a HIV AIDS Specialist Now