Q. Is my RNA HIV early detection test conclusive?

This is a premium question & answer published on May 11, 2018 and last reviewed on: Nov 24, 2022

I have a question about RNA HIV early detection test. I took this test 16 days after exposure, my results were negative. Is that conclusive?

#

No, it is not conclusive. Go for fourth generation testing at four weeks interval. Nevertheless, what was the exposure?

Thank you for your answer.

I had contact with pre-seminal fluids. A guy touched my anus with his penis. I did not have penetration but I feel that the fluid is there in my anus. I do not know if that fluid can infect me with HIV.

#

How long was fluid in contact with your anus? How deep was it touched? That is by opening your buttocks or just casually? Do you know the HIV status of the guy? Looking forward to your response in order to help you.

I think it was in contact for like two or three minutes. It was not deep. He just put his penis in my anus for a little moment but I felt a little bit of his fluid in my anus. He told me that he is HIV negative. Before that he took an OraQuick test and the result was negative. But I have a doubt about that.

#

With this exposure, you are not at risk. There is nothing to worry and no need of testing too.

|