Q. Are the negative HIV tests after unprotected sex confirmatory?

Answered by Dr. Parth R Goswami and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Hiv Testing or Unprotected Sex? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My age is 26 and I had unprotected oral sex. I licked a sex worker's vagina with a lotion. I had protected vaginal sex. Performed HIV tests on 25th, 42nd, and 70th days. I also did HIV1 PCR RNA qualitative on 76th day. CMIA antibodies on 70th day. Now, we will get the result of p24 on 86th day. All my reports are negative. But, I have rashes and recently got a cold. Are my tests results conclusive? I feel each and every symptom to be related to HIV.