Q. I have done my HIV screening test. Please advice on my reports.

I am 35 years male who had low-risk penetrative activity (as used condom properly and no breakage) with a female of unknown status. On the 30th day (four-week mark), I had HIV 1 and two antibodies screening test. Serum equal to HIV 1/2 by flow through immunofiltration (seems rapid test) from the reputed lab for which HIV one and two both came negative.

On the 44th day (6th-week mark), I again had HIV 1, and 2 antibodies screening test, serum equal to HIV 1/2 and P24 COMBO TEST (CMIA) from the same lab and resulted non-reactive on the next day. Kindly guide am I safe or is it the end of hope for me as I am searching like crazy every hour and any abnormality like cough, pimple, uneasiness in the throat (no pain while swallowing food), etc. is being looked as a symptom of HIV. I am looking for the ray of hope.

#

Do not worry about it, and you are unlikely to experience infected. Firstly, you had a very low risk of transmission as you used precautions and also the status of the partner is not known. Your combo test at sixth week almost rules out the possibility of HIV. However, it is recommended that you test yourself at three months and six months post exposure to be doubly sure. So, stop thinking about it as you are unlikely to have HIV and get yourself tested again at three and six months to be sure. I hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts.

Thanks for your concern.

#

You are welcome and all the best.

|